Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Shanghai Soda


I went to Chan's Place and DID NOT order one for the first time. They are surprisingly costly. I'm going through immense writers block right now. But perhaps it's not a block, so much as a distraction. I've been sorting a lot of things out, and trying to wrap up the school year with decent grades. I gotta work more on geometry! Other than that, I have 2 B's and 3 A's. I won't tell you my geometry grade....lawl.
Anyways, I've recently been really getting into music that reflects the culture from where it is made. It is such a beautiful achievement to incorporate something as vast as culture into music that isn't nationalistic-waltz shit. Like how Beirut demonstrates the folk-ballads of Slovakia and Germany, how early Beatles introduced British skiffle to the world, and how Glen Hansard uses the spritely acoustic-folk chords of Ireland. I'm probably saying nonsense, but I'm totally right. I'm getting a keytar

No comments: