Friday, April 11, 2008

Hailstones


Hey everyone! Exciting news! I'm working with my dear friend Whitney Ballen on an acoustic/folk/emo album with just our guitars and our voices. I don't know if it will extend to anything further than a couple weekend recording sessions and maybe a show or two. This will be more of an emotional outlet for myself than an actually musical endeavor. I rarely use music strictly as a personal vehicle, and I doubt I will again. But stayed tuned for "Jeff and Whitney"
I'm sitting here with one of my best friends, Nick, and I'm realizing that I need to start being more positive and optimistic about the future. Certain events in my life have led me to take some never-been-ventured-steps that will (hopefully) allow me to be a happier individual and embrace the beautiful things around me. For the first time in my life, I opened up to my mom and we cried together. I guess at the end of the day, I have this to say; shit sucks, but it comes into our lives nonetheless. We may as well be happy with ourselves.

No comments: